New precious black fire opal discovery in northern Nevada neighboring county to virgin vally

Ask the pro's for a guesstimate of your opal value here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

Opalking

New precious black fire opal discovery in northern Nevada neighboring county to virgin vally

Post by Opalking »

This discovery is very bizarre and absolutely breath taking. All of my precious black fire opals matrices are prehistoric creatures. I need expert advice asap. I tried to add photos but it says the file sizes are to big. This is the most amazing opal story ever! I'm not good at computers so please be patient with me. This discovery is substantial to say the least. I live in battle man Nevada lander county. Neighboring county to virgin Vally. I have so many dinosaurs. I even have a full adult t Rex females perfectly preserved head not scull her actual life like head. She promised before she could decompose. I have species that are preserved in the same state as this that is going to get the world attention. This is not a hoax.
SwordfishMining

Re: New precious black fire opal discovery in northern Nevada neighboring county to virgin vally

Post by SwordfishMining »

Hiya Opalking. Congratulations. On the pictures size use microsoft Paint or image software to decrease the file size. I use RAW files and i have to go as far as 50% smaller sometimes, save that as a jpg and then those pic files always load ok for me. We discuss photography in other threads too. Pink would remember which one I think. Can't wait to see the fossils you found. Maybe an opal rush if it was prolific, OR NOT, you may want to claim up the area before making too much noise about it.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Re: New precious black fire opal discovery in northern Nevada neighboring county to virgin vally

Post by PinkDiamond »

Hello Opalking, and welcome to another avid opalholic! You were smart to leave a message in the chat room, and I will be happy to help you post your photos.

In a reply pane, below where you submit your post you'll see Options, and Attachments next to it. Click Attachments, then Add files, navigate to wherever you have your photos, either on your system, or camera, click the file you want to upload, and the system will resize it for the Board. Wait for it to load, then place the cursor where you want the photo to land, and click to place it in line. Repeat the process for each photo.

Alternatively, if you have them uploaded somewhere that allows you use their link, right click on the photo, click Copy Image Location, then come here and click [img]. Your cursor should appear between the [img] brackets; paste the link, and it should appear in the same size it was on the other site it's uploaded to when you preview.

Always click Preview to make sure your pics are where they should be, because if you forget to place the cursor where you want the pic to show up before placing it in the reply, it could land anywhere.

If you need further assistance, I am in the chat room, so just type a message and a number will come up in the chat tab to let me know to come back to the chat, and I'll be more than happy to help.

Again, welcome to the forum. We look forward to seeing your treasures! :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Opalking

Post by Opalking »

[img][IMG_20180305_022207img][img][/IMG_20180307_045302[IMG_20180303_000433][/img]] I don't know if I did this correctly so here are just a couple photos for now. I made some typo mistakes in the last post. So I'll start over. I made this discovery in northern Nevada battle mtn, lander county. Neighboring county to virgin Vally. Here is where I found opolized prehistoric creatures. Reptiles and mammals of all kinds of different species. I am on this site to go public with the discovery and I want to sell some if possible. This forum was referred to me as the best way to reach out.
SwordfishMining

To Opalholics not Facebook crowds yes. We are consumer, cutter, miner, lapidary, jeweler friendly. Real precious black bone if solid material is going to go for bukoo bucks per ct. It wont be cheap even if it has to be stabilized. The internal structure is what makes it worth so much more than just a surface cast. Those pics did not come up from your computer. You have to up load the files as attachments then add to post.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Something definitely went wrong, and you'll want to put each pic on a separate line, but at least you're through the pre-approval stage and have full forum privileges now, so you can PM me and tell me what or where you're uploading the pics from, and I may be able to assist you, or know someone who can if I can't. You seem to post in the middle of the night, and I'm only in the chat room from about 11am to 11pm central, so messaging would be the next best option. LMK if I can help. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Louden

Post by Louden »

Was this ever confirmed or just a story?
I know this is a couple years old but I’m intrigued as it hasn’t made news or anything. As I feel a perfectly preserved T-Rex head and black opalized body found where no others have been found would be a headliner. I have not heard of any finds of vertebrate fossils in lander county including Battle Mt. Let alone black opal, only have seen and heard of common opal in lander county.
SwordfishMining

I drove over an the the black was a nugget/Rhodenite quite large from under the mines. The other woods were just opalized without precious. They were educated on what we were doing over here with the mines to see if there was precious anywhere and have not heard a thing back. Nice Rhodenites 15 or so a pound so they could be busy sacking off the hill they found.
Louden

Post by Louden »

SwordfishMining wrote:I drove over an the the black was a nugget/Rhodenite quite large from under the mines. The other woods were just opalized without precious. They were educated on what we were doing over here with the mines to see if there was precious anywhere and have not heard a thing back. Nice Rhodenites 15 or so a pound so they could be busy sacking off the hill they found.

Ah gotcha.
No dinosaur fossils found out there though?
If there were fossils I’d like to get in touch with this person if you still have the contact information or a way to get in contact with them. Idk if they’ll get back on the site and reply to a pm.
Thank you.
SwordfishMining

Nope. Think they were mainly mining the last owners rock collection from the yard, but had ordinary woods and Battle Mtn kind of stuff