Copyright Law for Artists

Get an expert to answer all your Opal and Gemstone questions.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Copyright Law for Artists

Post by PinkDiamond »

Copyright Law for Artists with Author, Attorney and Jewelry Artist Sarah Feingold
March 04, 2017 | Author: Debbie Blair

"Copyright law help from Sarah Feingold, attorney, jewelry artist, and author of Copyright for Artists: Quick and Easy Copyright Protection.
Copyright Law for Artists with Author, Attorney and Jewelry Artists Sarah Feingold

Q: What sparked your interest in art copyright law?

A: When I was 12 years old, I took my first metalsmithing class, and I fell in love with the medium. One day a friend pointed out an accessory made by another business and asked if I could make something similar. This simple request raised many questions. How can I legally use someone else’s work as inspiration? Is it legal if another artist copies a portion of one of my designs? These curiosities and the intellectual quest for the answers led me to law school.

Q: Have you discovered answers to those questions?

A: What I’ve learned is that there’s no clear-cut universal answer. Many artists work very hard to tread the delicate line between inspiration and infringement. All artists make important business and legal decisions and take certain risks with their work.

Q: What can you do if your work is being duplicated and sold by someone else? ... "

http://www.interweave.com/article/beadi ... dium=email
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)