We dont get no respect

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

SwordfishMining

We dont get no respect

Post by SwordfishMining »

Unfortunately for their expert status... You saw not a single decent picture or decent blurb saying we exist. No information or actual misinformation about American Precious Opals when discussing opals as experts, let alone the blacks, from Virgin Valley despite my publishing facts on my website for going on 30 years after Sinkankis wrote the books.

black bead closeup.jpg

Now on respect... Ive always shared nice looking content. I'm an opal booster. I helped found the Australian Opal association by joining years ago when it was formed to help the industry, not just for personal gain. After over a century, not many seem to accept our black opal field was found in 1900s & never closed for good reasons. All you see parroted is our opal is all cracks without cheap killer black rough online to buy. No word of the brilliant specimens you cant take out of water to cut up to resell. Most is hoarded in collections. The tailings opals are cut.

dry rough.jpg
dry rough.jpg (22.43 KiB) Viewed 604 times

It gets old, it is obvious and DOES reflect on the people not saying all the facts, like a stuffed ballot box... They only say it cant cut, if anything, yet we all wear it around here and do a land office tourist business? Tell ya what: Come to the valley, buy what I have cut already, none were ever over a thousand a ct & Ill cut more then mine more when i run out OK? The kids can run a fee dig behind us if they want the hassles.

limbs with color 048.jpg
limbs with color 048.jpg (13.35 KiB) Viewed 604 times

Im afraid this does not acknowledge on our Precious= opalized wood, black opal, white opal, transparent opal, contra luz opal, fire opal, matrix opal, moss opal, fluorescent opal & common opal besides the Miocene fossils, like the snake head cast in white precious & contra luz opal I got from the fee digs in America you can just go to on a dig for a day basis. Im over going to the lockdown shows.
PS LAKEVIEW ROCK & GEM SHOW THIS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
20210522_094145a.jpg
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"