Opals Are the Easter Eggs Of Gemstones

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's an opal feast for the eyes with a whole slew of pieces for you to enjoy. This is photo-heavy so I'll just give you the lead pic and my favorite from the lineup. Use the link to enjoy the rest of these lovelies, although I will say there are two in this one that I'm not fond of at all, such as the Mexican opal in matrix, and although I love the opal in the chunky cuff bracelet, I don't care for the bracelet at all, but the rest of the pieces are all very nice. Opalholics, enjoy! :)

By Brittany Siminitz | March 30, 2021

"It’s egg-painting season, at least for those that partake in any element of Easter celebrations.

I bought this egg-dying kit that I’m certain is a disaster waiting to happen, though the picture on the box is what compelled me to purchase it. It promises a luminescent, multicolored glaze on my hard-boiled eggs akin to that of an opal. And what could be better than that for a gem lover? ... '

Confetti cluster earrings in 18k yellow gold with opal and 0.3 ct. t.w. diamonds, $3,800; Briony Raymond

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ster-eggs/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)