The Enchanting Opals Of October

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Oh goodie, I found another one on opals to add to our collection for October. These ought to give you a fix that will hold you for a while. :lol:

I will say the opal ring in the second pic doesn't look like it's set well, but I'm attributing that to the light and angle the shot was taken from. Enjoy! :)

October 21, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"Everyone here knows October is the month of opal (and tourmaline). We love to celebrate it because, with a gemstone so brilliantly epic, it just feels right to acknowledge its current birthstone status, even if it still gets attention all year round. It’s both necessary and appropriate.

Now you might know how hypocritical (is that even the right word?) I am when it comes to opal. I’d write songs about this gem had I the talent to do so, but I’ll never wear it (for more on that, read this post from last year). Still, I’m not immune to its intense magnetism, no stranger to jewelry designers’ penchant for working with it (and thank goodness they do).

Ring in 18k white gold with opal and diamonds, $14,250; Graziela

What’s really got me enthusiastic about opal this year is thinking about how truly appropriate it is for Halloween. At a time when it’s fun to witness the slightly spooky, enchanting, and strange, I’m realizing that opal can, in fact, be all those things. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... s-october/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)