In need of investor - Opal stabilization process

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

Shea_O

In need of investor - Opal stabilization process

Post by Shea_O »

Hi all,

It's been a bit since I've been active on the forums, but that's been because I have kept up my work on opals - so much so that big new developments have come around.

February '19 - Filed for my first LLC at 30yrs old
March '19 - Came across an incredible VV opal collection (relevant later)
May '19 - went on an opal mining trip in the Pacific Northwest to mine Oregon Fire Opals, then mined precious opal in Nevada (and met up with John our local Virgin Valley opal expert on the forums, while I was out there!) and then looped up to Idaho to mine a newly discovered precious opal deposit.
June '19 - Caught wind and started talking to another fella in the Pacific Northwest who also cuts Virgin Valley opals and he also does silversmithing and has recently set some VV's into artisan jewelry.
July '19 - Met with Eric Davidson in person to discuss our self developed opal stabilization techniques and future business ventures.
October '19 - Met with Eric again for a week this time and learned silversmithing from him. 10+ hrs a day for 5 days straight. We also discussed our business and life goals around opal. We decided to team up in trying to combine our individually developed opal stabilization processes and determined through test trial that our processes are complimentary! Our combined process allows us to stabilize opal without it ever needing to dry. It skips the drying process all together. (This is why finding that VV opal collection early in the year is a big deal, they have hundreds of pounds of common wet VV specimens! Material that is required for more R&D.)
(Since then been working on the stabilization processes)
November '19 - Went back to see Eric for another week of silversmithing mentorship and discuss business goals.

Now '19 (December) - Eric and I need the help of well connected folks in this community, or any other mineral/lapidary/smithing/mining who can get us in contact.

We need your help in finding an investor. Eric and I are too capable and have too much drive to be held back by day jobs (= loss of time aka our productivity is worth more than what any day job could pay) and a lack of funding. A major consideration in the early stages to any successful business is whether it had the capitol at the beginning to realize its potential. Eric and I want to work together either it be with jewelry or with the opal stabilization process.

I have shared a tiny bit of what Eric and I have been up to on Facebook but otherwise have kept silent on the subject of opal stabilization. I shared a few videos of stabilized Virgin Valley stones dry or drying.

Eric and I need access to the resources to take this nascent project to the next level at a rate faster than what we could accomplish by interacting with people by ourselves. We're only 2 people and we need the help of others with contacts. We'll come across connected people on our own but I want to speed this up.

This is a business opportunity of great potential. Eric and I are looking for an investor who can appreciate the potential here, who also appreciates the subject matter.

My name is Casey Sessions (been anonymous everywhere but here in this post. It's the only place with my name attached to all of this. Might stay that way for a while or I might delete my name, depends. Everything has been represented by my business name until now for the safety of my privacy). Please do not use my name publicly on the internet without first asking me. I want to limit traceback until I no longer have a dayjob.

Here's some of the work Eric does with his opals. The cuff with the timepiece has a Virgin Valley tea opal on top next to the big Aussie stone. The backlit stone with roots inclusions is also VV.

FB_IMG_1568748897376.jpg

FB_IMG_1572933396905.jpg

FB_IMG_1572933403146.jpg

FB_IMG_1572933686945.jpg

FB_IMG_1572933876694.jpg

FB_IMG_1572933471370.jpg

Here's my first pendant I ever silversmithed, inspired by my time with Eric (he likes beach themes)

IMG_20191102_182033~2.jpg
Last edited by Shea_O on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PinkDiamond

Re: In need of investor - Opal stabilization process

Post by PinkDiamond »

Very nice Shea, and a big congrats on your process working well, as well as your new-found talent for silversmithing. I wish I knew of anyone that could help you out, but if I hear of anyone I'll be happy to let you know, and finally, best of luck with it and do keep us posted. Kudos!! :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: In need of investor - Opal stabilization process

Post by SwordfishMining »

Hiya. Can't say I have anybody waiting in the wings I could have not used myself already. Im still trying to find funding/owner for the groups of claims I've located to explore further for whats under them.
The questions the investors ask me are: Photos, weights, size & descriptions of before and after of the control group half compared to the treated half along with timelines and as much other information as they can get. preferably from a bonded lab as thats what any pro will require for huge investments. Mind your non disclosure agreements and do a real lawyer, patent search the patent the process before sharing it with any dog even tho the dogs will steal it from your patent application so......
Timelines as it sits for a few years afterwards and it should be accepted as gems and that the process works as the untreated stones cut all crazed and the treated halves all did not or at least have a hard statistical success rate. It works see what i did before with me has always been met with. That was a good opal to start with, show me the half you did not treat that crazed compared to the half you are holding dry uncracked or is cut up into over 5-15 ct gems as size is money. In past experience, it was never a date or set amount of time until Virgin Valley Opal failed, they just always claimed it always failed eventually, so you will have labs of somebody the doubters cant' badmouth to confirm your results. You dont have to show them how. just give them the two. this half treated, this half untreated - cut it and tell me its not stable. I thought if you are getting 75-85 success rate from wet it would be very salable. I could be off. There are Bitcoin billionaires out there with other well off people who might want to go for it. Not that any of them have called me since the convict is spewing such slander about my family for decades.
Beware of business partnerships that you do not know how to get out of before you start. When they are made with the end in sight they are always much happier arrangements as its all clarified up front. Particularly any investments assets etc.
I was just backstabbed by a SEAL lying and ghosting me that I wrongly thought was honorable. Breach of contract is only enforceable for a short time after they fail to be humans to humans and break their promises/contracts. So repeatedly my better claim groups are sold to be doing this stuff, the SEAL had a process too, instead of anybody coming to dig and do it. Ive always held out the dirt the opal was in as i did not have the capital to dig with a silver shovel. I get enough to sell the naturals I do at this point by hand or from the fee digs for enough to live on and as you saw, there is some serious weight in wet rough waiting out there for the person who breaks the secret. Everybody wants to not have to saw it into 1/8 -1/4 inch preforms get the maximum return, if they can at all humanly possible make the gemstones bigger than your fists.
Good Luck.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"