OPAL: October Birthstone

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

OpalSpectrum

Re: OPAL: October Birthstone

Post by OpalSpectrum »

thanks Pink :)
approx 3.8ct / 11x20mm

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Thats a nice looking carving. I thought it was commercial at first. I sold a claim to the owner of Cosmic Opal and he always shared pics of Ethiopian opals on his social media pages. Like in my early opal selling career when i ran across the boulder opal carvings for the first time, I appreciate skill added to valuable materials. I think my brother still has one Indian chief out of them. I'd rather pick out my buys from individually wrapped than a pour from a gallon ziplock even if the profit margin is much lower. Hard to make a nickle out of your collection LOL.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
Artfldgr

Post by Artfldgr »

:shock: :o :o :o :D
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

:D yes it is opal commercial LOL

I didn't plan to carve the leaf and I didn't know him but just saw that he indeed makes mostly leaves and fishes - cool :)
> in my case the rough had this shape and I saw the leaf in the stone ;) plus the fire was quite cool with the green-orange colors and rolling flash so it was perfect for it 8-)
I have some other carvings going on but I'm too busy to finish them - they take too much time and I need to get some more bits and stuff :roll:
greets

:geek:

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<