Winners of the International Opal Jewellery Design Awards Announced

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

We have some all-opal eye candy from the ICA to enjoy for a change. :)

8 August 2019

"Winners of the International Opal Jewellery Design Awards Announced

The winners of the International Opal Jewellery Design Awards were announced in Lightning Ridge NSW Australia at a gala dinner on Friday 26 July 2019.

The International Opal Jewellery Design Awards Association is a not for profit organisation founded in 2000 to promote freeform and/or undulating Australian opal.

“The jewellery and carvings were spectacular and of a very high standard. It is quite amazing what can be created with nature’s art,” said President Kavitha Barron.

“We could not have attracted such an array of entries without the support of our sponsors. Our sponsors donated rough opal for the carving categories and finished stones for the jewellery categories as well as substantial cash prizes and trophies.

“I am also grateful to our judges Gary Coffey, Giulians; Russell Pearson, Studio Ice; and local master cutter Josef Belicka, who had an extremely difficult job,“ Kavitha continued.

The Christine Roussel Award for the most prestigious opal carving was won by The Gemstone Trading Company for “Marine Magic”. The prize was a perpetual trophy and $2,000 cash donated by Aurora Gems Pty Ltd. “Marine Magic” also won the open Figurative Carving category and the prize was a piece of rough opal donated by Designer Miners Pty Ltd (top image).

The Prestige Professional Jewellery award went to Paloma Sanchez for “Medusa’s Sting”. The prize was a beautiful black opal donated by Down to Earth Opals Pty Ltd (left).

The people who visited the Lightning Ridge Opal Show where the entries to the International Opal Jewellery Design Awards were displayed voted for their favourite piece. People’s Choice was won by Justine Buckley for “Imperial Chaos” and she received $500 cash donated by Black Opal Direct Pty Ltd (right).

... "

https://gemstone.org/industry-news/616- ... -announced
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Winners of the International Opal Jewellery Design Awards Announced

Post by SwordfishMining »

Eye candy my eye, real nice.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"