John Ford Introduces Exclusive Mine Opal Portfolio

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are some beautiful chunks of Lightning Ridge opal shown in the article, and this is a great idea; especially since consumers are starting to buy from companies who do track their supply chain. I know I would have loved to know which mine my 10.5ct Australian opal set in 18kt YG is from, but back in '99, the gemologist at the company said they knew nothing more than that it was Australian. ;)

The Portfolio will be introduced at AGTA Gem Fair, Las Vegas, Booth 1418, May 30-June 3.
May 14, 2019
By INSTORE Staf
f

"(PRESS RELEASE) GALVESTON, TX — Expanding his Lightning Ridge Collection, John Ford is launching a new exclusive Mine Provenance Portfolio of loose gem quality Lightning Ridge black opals with a transparent chain of custody to the mine of origin in Lightning Ridge, Australia. The Portfolio will be introduced at AGTA Gem Fair, Las Vegas, Booth 1418, May 30-June 3.

Provenance is normally associated with country of origin. The market for fine gem quality black opal deserves more. The trade and consumers want detailed information on the origins of their gems, not simply a laboratory report. The new Exclusive Mine Opal Portfolio offers provenance and a transparent supply chain custody not just to the country of origin, but to the specific mine of origin.

“After years of developing relationships with miners in Lightning Ridge based on trust, it was the natural evolution of our supply chain,” according to Ford. “We anticipate increasing demand for provenance and supply chain transparency on very fine quality gemstones. What the miners and I envision is offering ... "

https://instoremag.com/john-ford-introd ... portfolio/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)