ICA's InColor Winter 2019 - featuring Australian Opal!

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

ICA's InColor Winter 2019 - featuring Australian Opal!

Post by PinkDiamond »

You'll want to go through this issue of InColor when you've got some quiet time to sit down and relax with a cup of coffee, to savor all these gorgeous opals and absorb all the information on the types of opals from the various opal fields in Oz, complete with graphs indicating the levels they're at in the various types of base rock, as well as how they form, and so much more. Opalholics should have enough opal fixes here to last you a whole month or so. :lol:

Oh, and better break out the bibs now because if these don't get you salivating you're not really an opalholic, and should probably switch to boring diamonds. :lol: Enjoy! :)

ICA kick-starts 2019 with an issue featuring Australian Opal including highlights of the 9th Annual National Opal Symposium, Australian opal mining and the Innovative Reference Sets developed by ICA Member Cody Opal.

It includes articles about coloration mechanisms of Padparadscha, Pantone's color of the year, Living Coral, and the latest from global gem and jewelry auctions and industry trade shows.

https://www.gemstone.org/incolor/41/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Re: ICA's InColor Winter 2019 - featuring Australian Opal!

Post by crazy8s »

That was fun.
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

great stuff ! some nice opals and some good info which will help me with my opal research :P

..but there is a lot I don't like (what/how they did it) and don't agree with
there is too much too talk but I will come back to that

btw. I wonder what some of you think about new 'opal classification' (>p.24-25) and new 'master reference sets' (>p.82-84) :roll:

:geek:

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Thanks for sharing. It led to me looking for the 1985 article. Seems it is going to be "permeable and mined here" for the win. If they were included, I sold them the Virgin Valley precious black fire opal samples. I didnt have the effort/skill to process 60 matching cabs of all the sorts of opal that comes from here, black white, fire matrix and priced up front. I sold them strangest gemmiest stuff i had done that had been proven stable, well not whitening or crazing for a decade, material. True precious black fire opal.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"