Rainbow warriors

Australian opal history is full of grand tales, superstitions and hard yakka (hard work). Read about it all here, or submit your own!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

Pat

Rainbow warriors

Post by Pat »

Hello everyone. I am now a retired opal miner and I have just released a book on Kindle. It is short stories as told to me by old opal miners from Andamooka S.A. I would like you opinions and comments as these old miners added to the fabric that is Australia. It took a long time to write.
PinkDiamond

Re: Rainbow warriors

Post by PinkDiamond »

Welcome to the forum, Pat. I'm sure we would all enjoy reviewing your book if we can access it, so do you have a link to it, and does one need to have Kindle to be able to read it? And what part of Oz do you hail from? Again, welcome to the forum. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Hiya Pat. Not done reading it yet as I'm stretching it. I will say some of the prints on the way I'm looking at it on kindle dont make the newspapers readable. It is a nice escape to look at how others do it, granted for opal that people will just pay thousands for instantly, instead of opal they say will never cut despite the facts some does. Would buy it again if I didnt own it.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
Pat

Post by Pat »

Pink Diamond. Thankyou for the enquiry. I am still negotiating the computer. One needs to have Kindle which is a free App.
Let me know how you go as I have had similar questions raised as to access and some have said they have had difficulty
Pat

Post by Pat »

In my time I have had the privilege of seeing and holding some stunning rough and cut and polished opals, whether they be shells from shell patch, nobbies from lightning ridge, boulder opal, that would not be seen by the ordinary opal buyer that goes to jewellery shops, on or off the opal fields.
It is a pity in that opal thus is not truly appreciated by those same people or he population as a whole. My lovely partner has a shell from shell patch that is solid crystal opal of over an ounce in weight its full colour spectrum with red rolling flash, no flaws and having the complete shell characteristics. It will never be sold as it is unique and will never be cut up.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, Pat, I have a shell from Oz that I bought from mick years ago, and I know a few other members have opalized shells, plus others just love to see them to get their opal fix, so if your friend would be so kind as to allow you to photograph his treasure, we would love to see it if he will allow you to show it to us.

I haven't gotten around to uploading the app to read your book yet, but it is on the to-do list so I won't forget. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Made the time to finish her up. Have to enjoy it all over again this winter. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"